Photo Source: sheknows.com
My out and about today features DSW, A shoe junkies mecca indeed! They have a huge selection of designer brands for a fraction of the cost. A few of their luxury designers include: Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Prada, and Taryn Rose. They are giving $10.00 off any online purchase through June 28th. Here is a sampling of what caught my eye and a few tips to remember when shoe shopping.
1. Go shopping later in the afternoon or evening because your feet swell throughout the day.
2. Try on the left and the right shoe as most people have a slight size variation. A few months back, I bought 2 pairs of the same style of shoe in different colors. I needed a 9 in the white and a 10 in the brown. Go figure!
3. Walk around the store to get a good idea as to the fit.
4. Try them on with the hose or socks you would normally wear so that there are no surprises after you get them home!
5. Forget the phrase "they will stretch out". Most times a leather shoe will stretch out, but there have been times that my spur of the moment shoe purchase was as tight a year later as they were the day I bought them.
6. Always be sure you have enough wiggle room for your toes. There is nothing worse than the feeling of scrunched up toes during a meeting or on a date.
7. Buy shoes at the end of the season for the best deals. They can be marked up to as much as 60% more during the peak of the season. Unless of course you want to be the first one sporting the latest shoe trend! Which in some cases, I would not blame you! I have been guilty of that a few times. It really is possible to fall in love with a great pair of shoes!!!!!
8. Shop with this motto-A girl can never have too many pairs of shoes!
What are your shoe shopping tips? I would love to hear from you!