7/27/10

Hot Mess TO Best Dressed

Would you rather be a HOT MESS or Best Dressed?

I have realized lately that I very much enjoy reading or watching about befores and afters, fashion do's and fashion don'ts, or best dressed lists and worst dressed lists. 

I love Glamour Magazine's Dos and Don'ts.  I love any of the home dec shows that show the before and after rooms.  I love award season shows where the best dressed and worst dressed lists are created. 

I recently came across this fun little site that features a  Las Vegas Live Street Cam.  It is embarrassingly addicting as you watch live feeds of people walking on the street.  During my viewing sessions, I have come across a few people that one might consider a HOT MESS and need an immediate intervention from Staci London, the host of  What Not To Wear.  

I love the way she can take a HOT MESS of a person and turn he or she into a style maven worthy of spot on any Best Dressed List in Hollywood.  I thought it might be fun to try my hand at this.  So I Googled HOT MESS to see what I came up with and unfortunately I can't share what I saw!! 

So I kept at it and came up with quite a few pics of some special ladies and celebrities that could be considered one HOT MESS!  Now don't get me wrong, I could be considered a HOT MESS at times as well, but only in the privacy of my own home!!!!! 

There is always a way to style up your look and rock it out no matter what type of clothing you enjoy wearing!  So just like the first example in this post, I have added a few more pictures to show you how to go from one HOT MESS to Best Dressed with a few simple changes.
For this HOT MESS, I kept the shorts and top idea, but changed out the huge, very outdated tropical pattern to a solid classic style shirt.  I changed out the (always makes you look bigger) white shorts for a light tan color.


For this one HOT MESS, really...do I even need to give an explanation?


Now I love Courtny Love and I  have seen her in magazines looking quite beautiful!  Unfortunately, I have seen her looking like one HOT MESS more often!  She is such a pretty girl and I think the look on the right still has a little funkiness too it, but would keep her on the Best Dressed List.


For this one HOT MESS, oh Brittany, Brittany, Brittany.  Her look here is not that bad, but she would look so polished with the very similar look on the right!

This just confuses me???? Leighten Meester,  plays the very posh, stylish, and conservative Blair on Gossip Girls so maybe she just has to try the other extreme when off camera, but really?  I mean really!  This is beyond a HOT MESS!


My last little HOT MESS is Betty, from Ugly Betty .  I know, I know it is for her character, but wouldn't the look on the right look so much cuter?

OK, by now you are probably thinking that I have grown crazily addicted to the term HOT MESS, but actually I am participating in a fun little word game called Word Up, YO!  Each week, readers are given a word and they must use it in context in one of their posts as many times as they can! 

This weeks word (also referred to as WOW for Word of Week) is HOT MESS.  It was a lot of fun to write this post, but now I am referring to everything in our household as a HOT MESS!  It is driving my husband crazy and next weeks word can't get here soon enough. 

For more info on WOW check out a belle, a bean, & a chicago dog, an awesome blog smartly written, very witty, and a lot of fun!


header 150x150














2 comments:

  1. I like this post! I think its entertaining to see what stuff people dare to put together and walk around in public in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although Britney is bad, I think Courtney Love trumps all when it comes to the ultimate hot mess! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails