8/13/10

Nothing To Wear


As the weekend is upon us, my summer break is coming to an end.  I will be heading back to work on Monday.  I have been going through my closet updating and preparing my work wardrobe most of the afternoon. 

My husband does not understand why women need to try on outfit after outfit when planning what to wear to work or any other function that comes up.  He thinks it is funny when I try on several different items of clothing before deciding on which one will end up making it out the door. 

While I was in the midst of my self styling session trying to decide what I will be wearing on my first day back to work, (If I could only have Rachel Zoe for a day! SIGH!) my husband decided I needed a visual of what he calls "unnecessary stress", so he started snapping pictures of me.  I have to admit, I probably could have stopped after the second outfit. 

I think I have something ready for my first day back, but I have a feeling I will be spending most of my weekend shopping for some updates to my wardrobe!  How many outfits do you try on before heading out the door for work or other functions?  Any stylists out there?  I welcome your tips and expertise!!  Happy Weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. I know this dilemma well. I will be returning to teaching next week and I've not bought a single thing. Hope stuff still fits!! Great Blog title! Found ya by New Friend Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sweet wishes and comments!! Guess what?! I'm a 4th grade teacher too! We should definitely chat! :) I'm sure we both could have some teaching stories.

    Hope your back to school is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try on MANY outfits before I settle on one! Or I just stand infront of my closet just LOOKING at my closet!

    I'm your newest follower! I love your blog :o)

    I hope going back to work is a stress-free one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an award for you!!

    http://nomies3monsters.blogspot.com/2010/08/hurray-for-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, giving your imput, and for following! I am following you back. I am totally lovin' your blog! Sometimes I have to try on a bunch of stuff before I head on out. Something will sound great in my mind, but when put into action...ehh...not so great. Trial and error (prior to walking out the door of course! ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails