10/1/10

A Fall Filled Weekend

Happy Weekend and Happy Fall!  We will be spending the weekend decorating for the fall season.  My husband teases me every year because I always start decorating for Halloween before October.  Our neighborhood is very competitive.  There is always a little competition to see who will get their decorations out first.  This year, I have managed to wait at least until after the first day of fall, but I already have my decorations out, sorted, and ready to go.  I want to try some new looks this year.  Here are some options I love from Martha Stewart, Country Living Magazine, and I must purchase a few items pictured below from Pottery Barn.  So Cute!  I hope this year we can actually incorporate a fall gathering just for the grown ups-after the trick-or-treating, bobbing for apples, cupcake decorating, and Halloween games with the little ones of course!
photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

photo via marthastewart.com

Sophisticated yet not minimal, these simple black and white decorations can make for an elegant adult soiree.


A simple chocolate cake gets added snack appeal from bat-shaped sugar cookies.  (See Recipe here!)

 These are so cute and made with a rubber stamp.  (See here for ordering info.)


I love these whimsical broomstick placecards.  See Country Living for how to information.

Etched Tombstone Glasses, Pottery Barn, $24.00 Set of 4

Shot Glass Set, Pottery Barn $29.00

Spiderweb Chandelier Shade, Pottery Barn $39.00 Set of 3

Bat Bottle Stopper, Pottery barn $12.00






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails